Today ends this devotional. Today ends this stage in my career. Today we will grab onto the last nuggets of wisdom we can. Ever wondered if God’s timing was perfect? Ever wondered if God’s plan for you was good and for your good? Ever wondered if God’s calling might be connected to what He wants you to do today? Well, the reality that I am writing this post is God’s calling on me to start Be The Dads. Well, the reality that I started this new devotional that happens to be 9 days which means it will end on a specific day makes me believe yes. Options are on the table and which one leans more towards what God is calling me to do and to be and His plans and His purpose for His glory? So are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus for His purpose and plans? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus in order to “build a new and different life in Him“? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus so that you will be able to transform into standing on the strongest foundation possible! What’s the plan? “Do not live without a strategy.” Let’s be the dads who are focused on each becoming “a legacy-minded man and will result in a life of lasting impact.“
Today’s devotional gets us started with the following verses:
‘Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. ‘1 Corinthians 9:24
‘I can do all this through him who gives me strength. ‘Philippians 4:13
Today may be the place where we will see the finish line but it doesn’t mean stopping before we cross it. Let’s be the dads who choose to finish strong! Let’s be the dads who see the finish line and pick up speed so that we can win! Let’s be the dads who see the finish line and decide to finish strong so that we can glorify God and get the prize! And if we feel tired or weak or worried, let’s be the dads who choose to turn to God, lean on God, and trust in God to be our strength! Let’s be the dads who told tight to God’s Word that we can do it in Him! Let’s be the dads who know that we can do it because God is giving us strength! Let’s make today count for the glory of God and leave a legacy for those who have seen us finish that will empower others to turn to God, trust in God, and lean on God so they too will be able to do all things through Christ who strengthens them too.
Today’s devotional has been provided by Legacy Minded Men (more details can be found here: https://www.legacymindedmen.org/)
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
To learn more about Legacy Minded Men, visit https://www.legacymindedmen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Topic/Title: “The Final Word“
- Let’s be the dads who step into today focused on leaving a godly legacy behind us!
- Let’s be the dads who are more focused on becoming who God created and purposed for us to be over checking off a to-do list!
- Let’s be the dads who are seeking understanding, not just knowledge!
- Let’s be the dads who are seeking understanding over doing intellectual exercises!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused both on the here and now as well as on leaving a legacy behind as we look to the future!
- Let’s be the dads who up each day and fights to win the battle in front of us!
- Let’s be the dads who are so focused on God that we remember that God created us to win!
- Let’s be the dads who are so focused on God that we remember we are not in this alone!
- Let’s be the dads who are so focused on God that we walk out our days with God at our side and with other legacy-minded men!
- Let’s be the dads who are building our lives upon the foundation of our lives which is Jesus Christ!
- Let’s be the dads who are building our lives up ensuring we stick together by God’s grace as the cement!
- Let’s be the dads who are building our lives linked with the Holy Spirit who is the builder of us and our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to be on God’s team!
- Ever been told your definition of fun or funny is different from those of the world around you? I have
- Today’s devotional speaks to the humor of life when it says:
- “Life is funny. I often laugh that God has chosen me to speak to men on many of the issues listed in this book. This can be especially humbling because everything I am encouraging you to do, I got wrong at some point in my life. I’m not expecting you to be perfect, and neither is God. This, of course, is no excuse to purposely and repetitively do wrong things. The reality is, in my best efforts I still come up short at times. As a matter of fact, I still have difficulty dealing with things I have done. I know I cannot live in the past, nor can I change it—I can only learn from it.“
- Ever felt like you needed encouragement to get going, to get started, to accomplish today?
- Today’s devotional speaks to encouraging us to be the dads this way:
- “I want to encourage you that, when you are not perfect, God gives grace. Grace does two things: it covers our mistakes and it also empowers us to do better the next time around. You can’t do these things in your own strength—no one can—but you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength (Philippians 4:13). I get better because I refuse to quit and I refuse to settle. I believe you are a fighter too, whom God created to do amazing things. In fact, one of my favorite scriptures captures it best: “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize” (1 Corinthians 9:24).“
- Today’s devotional as we close the series provides us wisdom and guidance to go forward:
- “NEXT STEPS:”
- “At Legacy Minded Men, we believe the biggest problem in the world today is not sex trafficking, abortion, drug or alcohol abuse, corruption or even terrorism. Those are merely the byproduct of the real issue: men who have abdicated their role as husbands, fathers and leaders. That IS the core issue. Legacy Minded Men understands this and therefore exists to transform lives by engaging, equipping and encouraging men to build a Christ-centered legacy through our 360° Legacy Plan. “
- “Start your 360° Legacy Plan by attending or hosting one of our bi-annual Conferences at your church OR in your own home! Dive deeper into our robust free library of online resources and discipleship training. And stay plugged in by joining or starting a Legacy Group. “
- “Be a part of the solution, visit legacymindedmen.org.“
- “NEXT STEPS:”