Ever wondered if God’s timing was perfect? Ever wondered if God’s plan for you was good and for your good? Ever wondered if God’s calling might be connected to what He wants you to do today? Well, the reality that I am writing this post is God’s calling on me to start Be The Dads. Well, the reality that I started this new devotional that happens to be 9 days which means it will end on a specific day makes me believe yes. Options are on the table and which one leans more towards what God is calling me to do and to be and His plans and His purpose for His glory? So are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus for His purpose and plans? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus in order to “build a new and different life in Him“? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus so that you will be able to transform into standing on the strongest foundation possible! What’s the plan? “Do not live without a strategy.” Let’s be the dads who are focused on each becoming “a legacy-minded man and will result in a life of lasting impact.“
Today’s devotional gets us started with the following verses:
‘Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ‘Galatians 6:9
‘Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. ‘1 Corinthians 9:24
‘Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. ‘2 Timothy 2:3-4
I am so glad that I’ve chosen to get each post started with God’s Word that is active and alive. I am so glad God has chosen the specific devotionals with the specific scriptures to speak into our lives right where we are today. I am so glad that God’s Word never returns void and is sharper than a two-edged sword able to penetrate even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Let’s reflect and meditate on today’s verses to learn from it what God has to say:
Let’s choose to be the dads who do good even when we aren’t seeing the results. Let’s choose to be the dads who don’t give up on doing good because we know that at the proper time we will reap a harvest! Let’s be the dads who are looking for the good works to do that God has prepared in advance for us to accomplish and then do it! Let’s be the dads who persevere and run this race called life to win the prize of eternity with God! Let’s be the dads who know how things work, that all runners run but only one gets the prize and so let’s run to win the prize of eternity with God, of glorifying God, and allowing Him to receive the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’s name. Let’s be the dads who don’t and won’t give up just because of trials, troubles, and pain! Let’s be the dads who won’t and don’t give up in standing with and on Jesus! Let’s be the dads who are focused on the eternal things rather than the temporary just as soldiers don’t get entangled in civilian affairs! Let’s be the dads who choose to live out our lives in ways to bring God the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’s name just as the soldier tries to please his commanding officer.
Today’s devotional has been provided by Legacy Minded Men (more details can be found here: https://www.legacymindedmen.org/)
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
To learn more about Legacy Minded Men, visit https://www.legacymindedmen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Topic/Title: “Pillar 6: Perseverance“
- Let’s be the dads who in this race called life “we have to run like we mean business”!
- Let’s be the dads who in this race called life we know how important it is and so “Giving up on small obstacles will get us nowhere, but if we persevere, keep our eyes on the goal, and keep running, we can experience that elusive place where success and purpose become one.“
- Let’s be the dads who know that right before the breakthrough things can get bumpy and so we don’t give up when that happens! Consider the experience of getting to the speed of sound and how bumpy it got and how much it felt like that plane was going to fall apart and then, the speed of sound was achieved and the ride was calmer.
- Let’s be the dads who when things get bumpy don’t give up but rather persevere a little bit longer!
- Let’s be the dads who when things get bumpy don’t give up on doing the good works God has prepared in advance for us to accomplish!
- Let’s be the dads who understand and seek the difference between unconditional and conditional promises from God!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of today’s scripture from Galatians and choose to not give up as our condition to get to experience the harvest at the right time for having continued to do good!
- Let’s be the dads who remember to take heart because Jesus warned us that in this world we will have troubles and that we don’t have to worry because He has overcome the world!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give up because life gets hard!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of what today’s scripture from 2 Timothy said to us: “Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer.”
- Let’s be the dads who endure hardships in order to leave a legacy!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to be in the Lord’s army!
- Let’s be the dads who see ourselves as soldiers in God’s army!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives “single-minded in his purpose“!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives in a way that “does not allow themselves to get “entangled” with civilian matters.“
- Let’s be the dads who are “wholly focused on our mission and the battle at hand“!
- Let’s be the dads who “need that same single-minded focus so that they are able to persevere during hardship” in order that we can be “legacy-minded men“!
- Let’s be the dads who persevere!
- Let’s be the dads who trust and lean hard on God!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give in to the impulse to quit and succumb but instead choose perseverance to help us get to the other side of the difficulty!
- Today’s devotional gives us some things to ponder:
- Today’s devotional calls us to raise the bar: