Ever wondered if God’s timing was perfect? Ever wondered if God’s plan for you was good and for your good? Ever wondered if God’s calling might be connected to what He wants you to do today? Well, the reality that I am writing this post is God’s calling on me to start Be The Dads. Well, the reality that I started this new devotional that happens to be 9 days which means it will end on a specific day makes me believe yes. Options are on the table and which one leans more towards what God is calling me to do and to be and His plans and His purpose for His glory? So are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus for His purpose and plans? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus in order to “build a new and different life in Him“? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus so that you will be able to transform into standing on the strongest foundation possible! What’s the plan? “Do not live without a strategy.” Let’s be the dads who are focused on each becoming “a legacy-minded man and will result in a life of lasting impact.“
Today’s devotional gets us started with the following verse:
‘And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ‘Romans 8:28
God’s Word is so amazing. God’s timing is perfect. As I consider this new day it is amazing to me that God would send this Word our way. Let’s be the dads who don’t lose hope or start to worry because things look out of control. Let’s be the dads who instead lean harder on God and put all of our trust in Him, acknowledging Him so that He can accomplish His will and make our path straight! Let’s be the dads who grasp God’s Word and meditate upon it so that we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him! Let’s be the dads who love God and pursue His will! Let’s be the dads who choose to live out our lives in accordance with God’s purpose! Let’s be the dads who choose to live out our lives in accordance with God’s call on our lives! Let’s be the dads who are postured in a way that God is able to work for the good no matter where we are and what we are doing because we are the dads who love Him and who are called according to His purpose!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Legacy Minded Men (more details can be found here: https://www.legacymindedmen.org/)
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
To learn more about Legacy Minded Men, visit https://www.legacymindedmen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Topic/Title: “Pillar 4: Purpose“
- Are you ready to be the dads who are living their lives in accordance with God’s divine purpose?
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of and pass on the legacy that we and our wives and our kids have all been created on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of and pass on the legacy that we and our wives and our kids are not an accident, an afterthought, or a mistake!
- Let’s be the dads who realize and choose to live our lives in the reality that we are part of God’s plan!
- Today’s devotional speaks to us about three things we can do to understand our purpose and achieve it:
- “Define what you are passionate about.”
- “Define what you are good at.”
- We need to reflect on things we are good at, not just things we like to do.
- We need to realize the difference between hobbies and purpose!
- “When you sit down and really look at your talents and abilities, that’s where our life purpose is most often seen.“
- Take hold of “What trusted feedback do you regularly receive from others?”
- Let’s be the dads who “surround ourselves with the right kind of people“!
- Let’s be the dads who are ready to receive feedback from these good people!
- Let’s be the dads who surround ourselves with people who have experience and wisdom that we allow to speak into our lives and provide us with feedback and direction?
- Let’s surround ourselves with good people who actually see our gifts in ways, that we did not see in ourselves.
- Let’s be the dads who can reflect on these people and realize “I would not be where I am today without this encouraging feedback in my life.”
- Let’s be the dads who focus “on both our general and specific purpose as we go through life and its many storms.“
- Let’s be the dads who have an internal GPS based on our purposes to help us continue, persevere, and press onwards as we go “through the ups and downs that we all face.“
- Let’s be the dads who seek our purpose and when we find it, we choose to “put it to work for God’s glory!“
- Be The Dads is the purpose God revealed to me over the time of the pandemic as I was reading the book “The Cause within You: Finding the One Great Thing God Created You to Do in This World” by Matthew Barnett.
- Be The Dads blog is a kick-start for 2022 to getting connected with like-minded people who want to encourage and help the dads of this world to step up and step into who God created them to be, no matter where they find themselves today.
- So let’s reflect on this with tips from today’s devotional:
- “Think About It:”
- Now let’s grab hold of the need to raise the bar as we consider leaving a legacy: