Ever wondered if God’s timing was perfect? Ever wondered if God’s plan for you was good and for your good? Ever wondered if God’s calling might be connected to what He wants you to do today? Well, the reality that I am writing this post is God’s calling on me to start Be The Dads. Well, the reality that I started this new devotional that happens to be 9 days which means it will end on a specific day makes me believe yes. Options are on the table and which one leans more towards what God is calling me to do and to be and His plans and His purpose for His glory? So are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus for His purpose and plans? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus in order to “build a new and different life in Him“? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus so that you will be able to transform into standing on the strongest foundation possible! What’s the plan? “Do not live without a strategy.” Let’s be the dads who are focused on each becoming “a legacy-minded man and will result in a life of lasting impact.“
Today’s devotional gets us started with the following verse:
‘Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! ‘2 Corinthians 5:17
God’s Word is so powerful! God’s plans are so amazing! God made a way when there didn’t seem to be away! God’s Word never returns void! So let’s consider what His Word has to tell us today! Let’s be the dads who invite Jesus into our hearts and our lives as our Lord and Savior! Let’s be the dads who are in Christ Jesus! Let’s be the dads who are new creations, rebuilt by the grace of God because we have chosen to receive the gift of God through grace by faith in Jesus! Let’s be the dads who are able to let the old be gone rather than trying to carry it around and weighing ourselves down! Let’s be the dads who receive the new life, the rebirth, and get moving forward in alignment with the call and purpose of God on our lives for His glory! Let’s be the dads who receive the new life and are able to freely move forward without the weight and pain of the past! Let’s be the dads who put our focus on our Final Destination which is in heaven with God for the rest of eternity!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Legacy Minded Men (more details can be found here: https://www.legacymindedmen.org/)
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
To learn more about Legacy Minded Men, visit https://www.legacymindedmen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Topic/Title: “Pillar 3: Purity“
- Ever lied to make yourself seem like someone you wanted to be but weren’t?
- Let’s be the dads of integrity!
- Let’s be the dads of purity!
- Let’s be the dads who when we fail will fail honestly and with integrity before we would ever lie, cheat, or steal!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t about coming on top but are about living our lives to serve and represent our Lord and Savior by living with integrity, purity, and honesty!
- Let’s be the dads who are able to leave the past where it belongs behind us!
- Let’s be the dads who invite Jesus into any and every situation where we are being held back because of what happened to us as kids.
- Let’s be the dads who invite Jesus into any and every situation where the devil is using the past to play with our heads to be able to be new and break free!
- Let’s be the dads who rather than dealing with the angst and anger of the past give it up to Jesus and nail it to the cross in order to be set free and walk in the peace and the joy and the love of Jesus!
- Today’s devotional speaks to the reasoning behind why people lie this way:
- “People lie because they want something they don’t have or to avoid something that is painful. “
- “One of the reasons people lie is because it works—at least for the moment. Just like a house of cards, lies will stand up for a while and look good, but as soon as that first gust of wind hits, they topple.“
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t building up ourselves or our lives by lying as a pattern of living!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t leaving a legacy of lying by our pattern of living!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on truth, honesty, integrity, and purity so that we leave them as our legacy!
- Let’s be the dads who are modeling good behavior so that our kids are building on and improving on good behaviors!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t living lives where our kids will repeat our mistakes, improve on our sins, and make things even worse for themselves!
- Let’s be the dads who train and teach our kids to avoid sin and live good, healthy, and strong lives!
- Let’s be the dads who are legacy-minded men!
- Let’s be the dads who see our purity as a priority that will help our kids to avoid sin!
- Let’s be the dads who want to leave a legacy of purity for our kids to inherit!
- Let’s be the dads who want to leave a legacy of both integrity and sexual purity!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live by the standards of God, raising the bar, then the standards of men that lower the bar to the lowest common denominator!
- Today’s devotional gives us some things to think about and reflect upon:
- “Think About It:“
- “Purity is God’s “moving in” system; he moves his furniture in and he moves your things out. What items is God changing on the inside of you?“
- “You no doubt have experienced purity changes within you; how has your family, marriage, and kids reacted to it?“
- “Sometimes we can wrestle with our desires vs. God’s desires within us. What struggles have you had?“
- “Think About It:“
- Today’s devotional closes with a thought on how important it is to raise the bar: