Ever wondered if God’s timing was perfect? Ever wondered if God’s plan for you was good and for your good? Ever wondered if God’s calling might be connected to what He wants you to do today? Well, the reality that I am writing this post is God’s calling on me to start Be The Dads. Well, the reality that I started this new devotional that happens to be 9 days which means it will end on a specific day makes me believe yes. Options are on the table and which one leans more towards what God is calling me to do and to be and His plans and His purpose for His glory? So are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus for His purpose and plans? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus in order to “build a new and different life in Him“? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus so that you will be able to transform into standing on the strongest foundation possible! What’s the plan? “Do not live without a strategy.” Let’s be the dads who are focused on each becoming “a legacy-minded man and will result in a life of lasting impact.“
Today’s devotional gets us started with the following verse:
‘And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. ‘Hebrews 11:6
Imagine facing a big life-changing moment. Imagine turning to God’s Word for wisdom and discernment. Imagine the verse of the day being Hebrews 11:6. Now imagine all of this being you because today it is me. God’s Word is so powerful! God’s Word is alive and active! God’s Word is good for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness so that we can be thoroughly equipped for every good work! So today I grab hold of the reality that I need to be stepping forward with faith! I want and choose to step forward in faith so that I will be pleasing to God! I grab hold of the reality of who God is and that He exists because He answered my prayer and His timing is perfect! He answered my prayer on what to do! He answered my prayer on when to do it! God is so faithful and as His Word today tells us He rewards those who earnestly seek Him! So today where are you at? Are you needing answers? Are you looking for direction? Are you ready to be the dads who will earnestly seek God because you believe He exists and will put all your hope and trust in Him? Let’s be the dads who walk by faith in order to please God! Let’s be the dads who come to God believing He exists! Let’s be the dads who earnestly seek Him!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Legacy Minded Men (more details can be found here: https://www.legacymindedmen.org/)
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
To learn more about Legacy Minded Men, visit https://www.legacymindedmen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Topic/Title: “Pillar 1: Prayer“
- Let’s be the dads who choose not to stay stuck too long!
- Let’s be the dads who choose not to “stay stuck in discouragement“!
- Let’s be the dads when we are feeling stuck turn to God and turn our “problems into prayers“!
- Let’s be the dads who trust in God and depend on God to turn our “situations around“!
- Let’s be the dads who will pray fervently!
- Let’s be the dads who pray without ceasing!
- Let’s be the dads who pray to listen to hear what God has to say!
- Let’s be the dads who pray even when it is hard and feels like work!
- Let’s be the dads who pray actively and don’t fall for the lies of the devil that prayer is passive!
- Let’s be the dads who deliberately and purposefully engage in times of prayer!
- Let’s be the dads who deliberately and purposefully engage in times of prayer and fasting!
- Let’s be the dads who deliberately and purposefully engage in times of prayer and don’t give up because it is hard work!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to be men of prayer!
- Let’s be the dads who train in becoming men of prayer!
- Let’s be the dads who train in this spiritual exercise so that we can become prayer warriors for the glory of God!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the value of prayer and even though it takes work, we know it is always worth it!
- Let’s be the dads who are in pursuit of God’s victory in and through our lives and use prayer as the catalyst, the ignition, and the fuel to help us keep going and complete the good works God has prepared in advance for us to accomplish for His glory!
- Ever found in life that you “face a constant flow of demands, problems, and crisis situations“.
- Ever found in life you are faced with decisions to make, choices to pick from? Do you try to do it with God or in your own strength?
- Next time you hit one of those obstacles will you choose to start with taking it to God in prayer rather than trying to slug your way through it in your own strength?
- Let’s be the dads who bring God into the situation first so that we can receive His wisdom and discernment!
- Let’s be the dads who bring God into the situation first so that we can receive His protection!
- Let’s grab hold of the reality of how prayer is our fuel and like today’s devotional says: “Just like a runner eating plates of pasta before the marathon, prayer is our fuel to keep going.“
- Let’s be the dads who bring God into every situation!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t want to be limited by our own abilities and strength and so invite God into every situation!
- Today’s devotional puts it this way:
- Let’s remember how God created us on purpose, with purpose, and for His purpose!
- Let’s grab hold of the reality that God created us for His pleasure and that He desires a best friend relationship with us!
- Let’s be the dads who value our relationship with God so much that we have dedicated time alone with Him!
- Let’s be the dads who value our relationship wth God so much that we have dedicated time in His Word!
- Let’s be the dads who value our relationship with God so much that we spend time in His presence!
- Today’s devotional speaks to the value of our time with God this way: “Your time with him brings pieces, parts, ideas and opportunities to be successful in life.“
- So right now let’s take the time to reflect on this and think about it!
- What pleasure does God get from us praying?
- What practical ways can we make in our hectic, 24/7 lives, to be with Him?
- What rewards come from prayer?
- Prayer is more than one person talking. What other piece(s) can be a part of prayer?
- You make the time for things you have placed as a priority. Prayer is on your list, but what priority have you made it?
- Why do we say “prayer changes things?”
- Today’s devotional closes with “Legacy Lifter:”