My Father Can Be Your Father! – Day 1
As we finished another devotional and we are getting close to the end of the month, it amazes me how God’s math works. God is precise and knows what He is doing! God is the God of details! Consider His plans for getting out of Egypt! Consider His plans for the tabernacle! Consider His plans for the temple! Consider His plans for the holy items in them both! Consider His placement within them both! God knows what He is doing and as I went looking for the next devotional and gain approval to use it, I discovered it will fit in this month. It’s going to speak to us about the importance of a father being present. So as we get ready to jump in let’s choose to be the dads that our wives, our kids, and this world needs for us to be! Let’s be the dads who are able to pour out unconditional love!
Today’s devotional gets us started with the following verse:
‘As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; ‘Psalms 103:13
God’s Word is so timely! God’s Word knows what we need to read, hear, or see even before we ask! Let’s never miss an opportunity to turn to God’s Word! Let’s be the dads who model our lives and our behaviors after God’s! Let’s be the dads who have compassion on our kids! Let’s be the dads who demonstrate pity, sympathy, feeling, fellow feeling, empathy, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercy, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, tolerance, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, and benevolence over our kids. Let’s be the dads who are in such awe and wonder of God that we can walk confidently knowing that He has compassion on us! Let’s be the dads who are so connected, so in love with God that we can walk confidently in trust that He is working out all things in our lives for good! Let’s turn to God to learn where we have gaps and ask Him to help fill them in our lives, our hearts, and our minds!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Eternity Matters With Norma (more details can be found here: Eternity Matters With Norma – Home | Facebook)
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit https://www.klove.com/books.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional: PAYDAY
- Let’s be the dads who model life to and for our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who are purposeful so that our kids can see and learn how life works!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate to our kids the ins and outs of life!
- How do your kids know or understand how the money needed to support the family happens?
- How do your kids know or understand how that money puts food on the table and clothes on their backs?
- Let’s be the dads who model and demonstrate how to be the man and how we love our wives and take care of them and our family in front of our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who consider what is needed to meet the needs of our family and what it will take from us to ensure they are taken care of and we are making ends meet.
- Ever realized the importance of a name? I know in leading a camp for teenaged foster kids that we put a huge amount making sure people realize how important they are and that we care for them and hence we have name tags so that everyone can know each others names from the moment they arrive.
- Let’s be the dads who pour into the lives our kids so that they realize how important they are to us!
- Let’s be the dads who help our kids realize that their name have value and that it doesn’t define or mandate who they will become!
- Let’s be the dads who help our kids realize that our mindset on how we receive things has a bearing on who they will become!
- Let’s decide to be the dads who will represent our Heavenly Father to our kids and to the world around us!
- Let’s decide to be the dads who mirror our Heavenly Father by loving unconditionally!
- Let’s decide to be the dads who live as an image of our Heavenly Father so that our kids, our wives, and our world will feel and know what unconditional love looks and feels like!
- Let’s be the dads who give our kids the space and the time to share what is going on in their hearts, minds, and lives!
- You might be surprised what giving your kids the stage for a moment will open up and allow you to learn and experience with them!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids respect!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids to respect their parents!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids to respect their elders!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids how much they are loved!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids how much they are respected!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids that there are consequences to disobedience!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids that there are consequences to getting out line!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids that we will lovingly help bring them back in line!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids that the consequences may not be fun but that they are right!
- Let’s be the dads who are like our Heavenly Father as described in today’s verse:
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives in ways that let our wives, our kids, and this world know how much we care!
- Today’s devotional was written in consideration of dads, Father’s Day, and asks us if we an relate with how your dad was to you?
- Today’s devotional shared the heart of a daughter for who her dad was and how he chose to live his life.
- As day 1 of our devotional is coming to a close we have these 2 things: How do you relate? And time to reflect.
- “CAN YOU RELATE?“
- “It is the month of June and during this month we celebrate Father’s Day. Not all people have a great experience with the love of a dad present in a home and to me, this is so sad. I was truly blessed to have a man in my life that resembled a heavenly Father’s guidance. As we continue this study, we will learn that age, money, and fame, have nothing to do with how much we are loved. “
- “A TIME TO REFLECT:“
- “Follow along with me, to change how you perceive who says, “You are Mine!”“
- “CAN YOU RELATE?“