Today’s the last day of the devotional Killing Sin. It’s interesting as the order changed from what I had looked at yesterday when I was finishing our last devotion on the 10 Challenges Every Dad Must Conquer. It’s a shorter devotional in that it is only 4 days long. This devotional was provided by Moody Publishers which has a great number of reading resources. Checking out the description of the devotional it shares the following: “If you feel like you’re on the losing end of sin, and shame has you hiding out in the basement of life, God has a plan for you to win and the power to pull it off. It’s time to put to death those sins that have been killing you. In this four-day study, you’ll learn about God’s strategy for dealing with sin and living in freedom.” Are you ready to jump in and grab hold of this freedom? Are you ready to jump in and hear God’s strategy to help us be the dads God created and purposed for us to be? Are you ready to journey with me through these 4 days? Let’s get started!
Today’s devotional gets us digging into the following scriptures:
‘So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. ‘Galatians 5:16
‘For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. ‘Romans 8:13
Ever felt like you were being bombarded by things and needing a peace that surpasses all understanding? Ever felt like you were being bombarded by things and needing wisdom and discernment? Ever felt like you were being bombarded by things and needing direction in which way to go? Ever felt like you were being bombarded by things and needing instruction in what to do? What did you do? Where did you turn? How were you able to decide? Let’s be the dads who turn to God! Let’s be the dads ask the Holy Spirit, right there, at that moment to speak to us! Let’s be the dads who pause long enough to hear from the Spirit and obey so that we don’t allow lies or temptations to drag us off course! Let’s be the dads who are sensitive to the prompting of the Spirit so that we respond and act out of His leading and guiding! Let’s be the dads who are sensitive to the leading and guiding of the Spirit so that what we choose to produce is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control! Let’s be the dads who are more interested in pleasing God than pleasing man! Let’s be the dads who are more interested in doing what God has created us to do and share the love, the light, and the hope of the world with our wives, our kids, and the world around us! Let’s be the dads who are living life to the full and when needed use words to express our faith and trust in Jesus! Let’s be the dads who are living our lives with Jesus and others can see it even when we don’t say anything! Let’s be the dads whose love is active! Let’s be the dads who are salt and light! Let’s be the dads God needs for us to be and become! Let’s be the dads who are ready and prepared to share the Good News with others, especially our kids! Let’s make today count!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Moody Publishers (more details can be found https://www.moodypublishers.com/)
For more information, please visit Moody Publishers: https://www.moodypublishers.com/.
- We all know that our life on this planet if finite right?
- We all know that this means we are limited by time and space on this planet right?
- We all know that this means we have a limited amount of energy to expend while we are alive on this planet right?
- We all know that when you have a limited amount of energy that you have to limit and priorities how you use it right?
- So with life having its finite limits, we need to be the dads who can make wise decisions when it comes to our energy, time, and even money.
- So knowing this, let’s be the dads who consider how much we have for today and how we will spend it before the day is over!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to spend our energy and time wisely for the glory of God and His calling on us to be the dads!
- Today’s devotional gives us a powerful truth when it comes to how sin tries to get in and take up some of that time and energy and the way to deal with it when it says that we need to “overwhelm it with the Holy Spirit“.
- Today’s devotional gives us the key to not giving sin room or space to get in our way by filling our tanks completely with the Spirit so that there is no room left for sin!
- Today’s devotional calls out how this is God’s presecription for how to deal with sin:
- Let’s be the dads who fill up our day tank with the Spirit and allow God to keep it full throughout the day!
- Let’s be the dads who fill up our day tank before we even get out of bed so that sin has no place and no room to fit!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of how by being filled with the Holy Spirit there is no room and hence sin is defeated along with its cravings!
- Let’s be the dads who are so filled with the Holy Spirit that we are so focused on living that there is no time to get trapped or tripped up by sin!
- Let’s be the dads who are so focused on living for God that we don’t give the idea of trying to avoid sinning room to exist and hence miss out on getting to live out God’s plan for us to live life to the full!
- Today’s devotional gives a great sailing analogy for how to live life when it says: “Being filled with the Holy Spirit is about raising the sails of your soul and letting God fill them.“
- Today’s devotional gives a great sponge analogy for how to live life when it says: “It’s about saturating yourself with so much good stuff that the bad stuff has no place to grow.“
- Let’s be the dads who are ready to live our lives to the full in God’s anointing and power by being filled with the Holy Spirit!
- Let’s be the dads who remember: Heavenly Father is God! Jesus is God! Holy Spirit is God! There is 1 God in 3 persons!
- Let’s be the dads who hold tight with the Holy Spirit that Jesus sent to be our comforter and guide and be filled to overflowing with His will and His way!
- Let’s be the dads who hold tight to the Holy Spirit who will help us meet with God through His Word!
- Let’s be the dads who hold tight to the Holy Spirit and who are spending time with people who are on the same path!
- Let’s be the dads who walk out our lives “being mindful of the Holy Spirit’s voice because He is always speaking.“.
- So let’s be proactive! Let’s be on the offense! Let’s not just sit back and hope everything is going to be ok, let’s be proactive and on the offense for the glory of God!
- Let’s be the dads who fill our space with “words of affirmation” so that “there is less room for a critical spirit“.
- Let’s be the dads who see our bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit and as such choose to “fill our stomachs with good food” so that we will “have less room for junk food“.
- Let’s be the dads who fill our hearts “with hope” so that our mouths will speak “words of encouragement“.
- Let’s be the dads who fill our minds “with truth” so that we “have less room for believing lies“.
- Let’s be the dads who get filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit so that we “starve sin“.
- Today’s devotional provides us with the strategy for battle:
- “OVERWHELM IT — It’s time to fill your life with the Spirit. Give God more of your life so sin has less room to run and grow.”
- The devotional series concludes with a Call to Action (CTA):