Today we get to continue digging into the traits of a godly dad. It’s interesting to just go with whatever the search results provide as the devotional to dig into. Today’s devotional from Bible.com is looking to empower us to be the dads. Today’s devotional from Bible.com is looking to help us address our feelings of inadequacy by providing us with the traits we need to be the dads. Today’s devotional from Bible.com is looking to help us get out of the starting blocks and into the race by sharing 6 biblical traits we need to model in our own lives in order to be the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So let’s dig in deeper as we jump into this new devotional in order to be able to learn and practice what God’s prepared in advance as good works for us to accomplish. Let’s grab a hold of these traits in order for us to be the dads, the godly dads we need to be for our wives, our kids, and our world.
Today’s devotional connects with the following verses:
‘Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ‘Psalms 51:10
‘Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. ‘Deuteronomy 6:7
‘So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” ‘Genesis 1:27-28
‘Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. ‘Psalms 119:37
‘The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. ‘John 10:10
As we jump into today’s devotional it is so amazing to reflect on God’s Word, His Truth, His Faithfulness, His Blessings, and how we can receive from Him when we are willing and obedient to Him. Let’s be the dads who have willing hearts! Let’s be the dads who are obedient to Him! So let’s grab a hold of what God’s Word for today’s devotional speaks to us and how it can help us to be the dads God created, purposed, and empowered us to be.
Let’s be the dads who turn to God, invite Jesus in, and ask Him to help clean up our heart house and create a new heart in us. Let’s be the dads who turn to God and ask Him to renew in us a spirit that is steadfast, loyal, faithful, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable, reliable, steady, true, constant, staunch, trusty, firm, determined, resolute, stalwart, stout, relentless, implacable, single-minded, unchanging, unwavering, unhesitating, unfaltering, unswerving, unyielding, unflinching, inflexible, and uncompromising.
Let’s be the dads who share, impress, and teach God’s will, God’s truth, God’s Word, God’s commandments to our kids. Let’s be the dads who make time and take time throughout our days to talk to them about God and His Word so that they can see it is an integral and important part of living a life that allows us to thrive. Let’s be the dads who model what living a Christian life looks like so that our kids, our wives, and our world can see the benefits and glorify our Father in Heaven.
Let’s be the dads who mirror our Heavenly Father. Let’s be the dads who when people see us are able to see how we have been created in the image of God. Let’s be the dads who choose to walk out our lives in God’s presence so that we can accomplish His plans and purposes to be fruitful and multiply. Let’s be the dads who choose to walk out our lives in God’s presence so that we can accomplish His plans and purposes to fill and subdue the earth. Let’s be the dads who choose to walk out our lives in God’s presence so that we can accomplish His plans and purposes to rule over the creatures of this world. Let’s be the dads who accomplish God’s will and purpose for our lives for His glory!
Let’s be the dads with focus! Let’s be the dads who focus on what is good and eternal! Let’s be the dads who turn our eyes away from worthless things and when we get tempted we turn to God and ask Him to help us resist and turn away from it. Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives in a way that is preserved by God because we are walking out our lives in His presence and in accordance with His Word. Let’s be the dads who turn back to God when we have missed the mark and ask God to forgive us and help us get back on track.
Let’s be the dads who are ready! Let’s be the dads who are prepared! Let’s be the dads who put on the full armor of God! Let’s be the dads who have our house set up to keep out the thief! Let’s turn to God for wisdom and discernment to help us be ready and accomplish His will! Let’s be the dads who turn to Jesus and remember why He came! Let’s be the dads who aren’t deceived by the devil, the thief who comes to steal and kill and destroy! Let’s be the dads who cling to Jesus who came that we may have life and have it to the full!
For more information, please visit Manhood Journey: https://www.manhoodjourney.org/product/1-1-guides-bundle/.
- Let’s be the dads who are godly dads who remain pure!
- Let’s take a hold of four ways the godly dad understands biblical purity from today’s devotional:
- “A godly dad DRINKS God’s word.”
- “A godly dad GUARDS his heart, thoughts and eyes.”
- Let’s be the dads who sit down with our kids “to study, memorize and discuss how to live out the Scriptures”!
- Let’s be the dads who impress God’s commands on our children!
- Let’s be the dads who talk about them throughout the day – “Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up” (Deut. 6:7). “
- Let’s be the dads who accept and receive the obligation and privelege to discipline our kids.
- Let’s be the dads who through our lives and taking responsibility for our kids transform the world by ensuring our kids know God’s Word and the impact that it will have on society as a whole.
- Let’s be the dads who through our lives and taking responsibility for our role in society, so that we have revival in our land!
- Let’s be the dads who pass on a legacy of knowing God’s Word to our kids, to the next generation, so that we can entrust it to them for future generations to come.
- “A godly dad CHASES righteousness.”
- Let’s be the dads who are so focused on being in the presence of God and chasing after His purpose, His plan, His will for our lives that we aren’t drawn away or chasing after the wrong things.
- Today’s devotional asks a question and gives some possible ways some people may answer it:
- Let’s be the dads who put first things first!
- What do you say your priorities are in life? Write them down as an exercise.
- If you compare what you say and now for each item you wrote down,
- write how much you think about them in the next column
- write how much time you spend on them in the next column
- write how much money you spend on them in the next column
- write how many other things you sacrifice for them in the next column
- I remember when I did this many years back and realized what I said my priorities were and how I was actually living my life weren’t aligned.
- I remember doing a reset to get things back into alignment, giving some things up, making time for the more important things, and living life putting first things first.
- It’s not easy and to this day I still get challenged by it but it was a great exercise for me to do and help me get my eyes back on the right things and pursuing the right things.
- Today’s devotional puts it this way:
- “Do those things you prioritized match up with your ideal of being a godly dad? In the grand scheme, do they matter?“
- “We can live like the world does and pursue the kinds of things the world pursues, or we can be godly men and pursue what God wants us to pursue.“
- “Don’t pursue/flee (What the world pursues)”
- “Pursue (What a godly dad pursues)”
- Let’s be the dads who make a difference!
- Let’s be the dads who are the difference!
- Let’s be the dads who seek through scripture so that “we can find passages like these that show us how we should live a godly, holy life rather than a worldly, impure life.“
- Let’s be the dads who “choose to pursue righteousness rather than worldiness“!
- “A godly dad ABIDES in Christ.”
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live in God’s presence!
- Let’s be the dads whose “main job is to abide in Jesus so you can receive all he wants to give to you (John 10:10 ).“
- Let’s be the dads who set ourselves up to be filled by God and receive from God so that we can be filled to overflowing into the lives of all those around us!
- Let’s be the dads who are so focused at living in God’s presence and abiding in Jesus that we never forget to be willing vessels for God who get filled up to overflowing into the lives of the people God brings into our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who are so connected to Jesus because we know that apart from Him we can do nothing!
- “A godly dad DRINKS God’s word.”
- Today’s devotional closes with the following statement: