6 Biblical Traits Of A Godly Dad – Day 1
It’s interesting to just go with whatever the search results provide as the devotional to dig into. Today’s devotional from Bible.com is looking to empower us to be the dads. Today’s devotional from Bible.com is looking to help us address our feelings of inadequacy by providing us with the traits we need to be the dads. Today’s devotional from Bible.com is looking to help us get out of the starting blocks and into the race by sharing 6 biblical traits we need to model in our own lives in order to be the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So let’s dig in deeper as we jump into this new devotional in order to be able to learn and practice what God’s prepared in advance as good works for us to accomplish. Let’s grab a hold of these traits in order for us to be the dads, the godly dads we need to be for our wives, our kids, and our world.
Today’s devotional connects with the following verse:
‘Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. ‘Deuteronomy 11:18-19
God’s Word never returns void! The Bible provides us with God’s self-revelation! The Bible is a love letter from God! ‘All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.‘ 2 Timothy 3:16-17 So today let’s grab hold of what God is saying to us through Deuteronomy.
Deuteronomy is the recapitulation of the Ten Commandments and much of the Mosaic law. We need to remember this as we consider the words shared with us from it. We need to remember how important these words from God are and so we need to fix them into our hearts and minds. We need to spend time daily in God’s Word so that we know what it says. We need to study God’s Word so that we know how to apply it. We need to put it in places so that we keep it top of mind. We need to wear it so that we can think about it regularly. We need to go beyond just knowing about God and get to the point of knowing God and having an intimate relationship with Him. We need to introduce our kids to God and teach them about God and His Word. We need to teach them practically by sharing it with them at home and when you are away from home. We need to be God’s Word in action for our kids to help them to not only know it but how to apply it in their own lives. We need to be God’s Word in action throughout the day. We are to be in a relationship with God all day and as such we are to be praying without ceasing.
For more information, please visit Manhood Journey: https://www.manhoodjourney.org/product/1-1-guides-bundle/.
- Ever considered how to discipline your kids?
- Ever considered what it means to discipline?
- Ever considered synonyms for discipline are?
- “control · regulation · direction · order · authority · rule · strictness · a firm hand · routine · regimen · training · teaching · instruction · drill · drilling · exercise · use of punishment”
- “train · drill · teach · school · coach · educate · regiment · indoctrinate · lay down the law to someone · bring into line”
- Do you ever wonder what disciplining our kids means, how to do it, or even where to start?
- Let’s grab a hold of this devotional as a way for us to grasp six biblical traits of a godly dad and then choose to be the dads who are confident in them and can walk through life teaching them to our kids.
- Let’s take hold of this devotional and be the dads God calls us to be!
- Let’s take in what this devotional is giving us to be the dads God is calling us to be!
- Today’s devotional speaks to what we are going to learn through this devotional and reading plan:
- It speaks to how we want to be the dads who are intentional when we discipline.
- It speaks to how we want to be the dads who “know God in a personal way“.
- It speaks to how we want to be the dads who “fight temptation and grow up to be strong in the faith“.
- It speaks to how difficult this can be in the world we live.
- How do you feel about it today? Our devotional speaks to the reality that “most dads don’t feel like they’re “doing enough” or “don’t know where to start” with their kids.“
- Are you trying to be the dads and do “the right thing but then find or feel like you are missing the mark“?
- Are you trying to be the dads and feeling like a “failure or even exasperation“?
- Are you looking for answers and asking questions like:
- Here are the Six Biblical Traits of a Godly Dad that will be covered through this devotional:
- The godly dad knows biblical truth.
- The godly dad understands biblical biblical purity
- The godly dad understands biblical discipline
- The godly dad understands biblical manhood.
- The godly dad understands biblical leadership.
- The godly dad understands biblical mission
- We find in the conclusion to today’s intro the the plan that:
- The incredible thing is you don’t just have me who is working on Be The Dads but you also have Manhood Journey “to help you become the disciple-making dad God calls you to be.”