Ever wondered if God’s timing was perfect? Ever wondered if God’s plan for you was good and for your good? Ever wondered if God’s calling might be connected to what He wants you to do today? Well, the reality that I am writing this post is God’s calling on me to start Be The Dads. Well, the reality that I started this new devotional that happens to be 9 days which means it will end on a specific day makes me believe yes. Options are on the table and which one leans more towards what God is calling me to do and to be and His plans and His purpose for His glory? So are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus for His purpose and plans? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus in order to “build a new and different life in Him“? Are you ready to meet with and live out your life with Jesus so that you will be able to transform into standing on the strongest foundation possible! What’s the plan? “Do not live without a strategy.” Let’s be the dads who are focused on each becoming “a legacy-minded man and will result in a life of lasting impact.“
Today’s devotional gets us started with the following verses:
‘ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” ‘Matthew 7:24-27
Let’s be the dads who spend time with God and in His Word so that we can hear His Words to us and for us! Let’s be the dads who spend time with God and put His Word into practice as we live out our lives! Let’s be the dads who are building our lives on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ so that when the rain comes, the streams rise, the winds blow and beat on us, we won’t fall because we are standing on the firm foundation that is Jesus Christ! Let’s decide we won’t be foolish dads who build our lives on shaky, unstable ground and then discover it when things come crashing down with a great crash!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Legacy Minded Men (more details can be found here: https://www.legacymindedmen.org/)
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
To learn more about Legacy Minded Men, visit https://www.legacymindedmen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Topic/Title: “Foundation“
- Let’s be the dads who can pass the stress test!
- Let’s be the dads who have a strong foundation to stand on!
- Today’s devotional provides us with a visual as they call out a vision of what happens during an earthquake as they say:
- “We’ve all seen the aftermath of earthquakes and the damage that was caused by them. Some buildings crumble while others are left standing. The reason some stand is because their foundation was strong enough to bear the stress of the earthquake. All the buildings were put to the test, but only those with the strongest foundations stood.“
- Are you facing any stresses today? I know I am.
- How are you handling the stress? Mine were going on for about 3 months and right when I thought it was over, a new shaking has started to try to keep me off balance.
- Through it all I have leaned in harder on my trust in God and asking Him for wisdom and discernment.
- Through it all I have leaned in on God and asked for protection and health.
- He provided me direction and so I started walking it out.
- And the twist happened where other thoughts, other ideas, other options showed up.
- Through the last 3 months I have seen how some were able to remain standing and it caused others to crumble and fall.
- Let’s be the dads who in the midst of stresses remain “faithful to our wives“!
- Let’s be the dads who in the midst of the shaking remain “disciplined to go to work every day, working hard“!
- Let’s be the dads who in the midst of the stress are able to maintain a moral and spiritual focus!
- Today’s devotional shares what crumbling under the pressure looks like when they say:
- Jesus tells us that in this world we will have troubles! Jesus also tells us to take heart because He has overcome the world!
- So how will choose to repond or react?
- Today’s devotional puts it this way:
- So let’s be the dads who lean in on God’s Word when the stresses come!
- Let’s be the dads who take heart when troubles rear their heads becase we know that Jesus has overcome the world!
- Let’s be the dads who build our life house on the rock of Jesus Christ so that we know that we will be able to withstand the storms, the winds, and the waves!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following note before they give something to think about:
- “A Legacy Minded Man, a man of God, is ruled by the book, the Bible, the very Word of God! If the Bible is not his game plan for life, then he will fail. The gospel of Matthew speaks specifically about just that in chapter 7:24-27 but raises the question as to whether we have built our house on the sand or the rock.“
- Let’s be the dads who reflect and “Think About It:“