Strange Words – A Dad’s Prayer For His Children – Day 6
It’s incredible getting to go through these devotions for dads. It’s even more incredible getting to reach out to the authors and connect with them. Today when I did my search for “dad” in the Bible.com plans, the next one on the list was from UNCOMMEN and titled – STRANGE – WORDS – A Dad’s Prayer For His Children. This one’s description aligns very strongly with our theme of Be The Dads. Here is a snippet that describes this devotional from Bible.com:
Now more than ever, the world is in need of strong fathers who love their families well. God provides the strength to those who seek Him and call upon His name. Being a father is a sacred responsibility because we reflect God’s love to our children. Men are called to lead and serve their families, and a very tangible way to do that is to pray over your children. God does amazing things in our lives when we ask for His help. But sometimes finding the words to pray over your kids can be challenging. This study includes seven things from Scripture that you can pray over your kids for each day of the week. Join us as we provide guidance and daily encouragement for great prayers based on Scripture over the next seven days.Bible.com – UNCOMMEN
‘God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. ‘Psalms 46:1
‘You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. ‘Isaiah 26:3
‘Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ‘Philippians 4:4-7
‘So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ‘Isaiah 41:10
I like how today’s verses speak to how we can put our trust in God because He isn’t out there somewhere but He is with us. So let’s be the dads who put all of our hope and trust in God because He is our refuge and our strength. Let’s be the dads who put all our hope and trust in God because He is our ever-present help in times of need and trials. Let’s be the dads who put all our trust in God and walk with steadfast minds so that God’s perfect peace will be over us. That’s right let’s have minds that are resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering. To use other words let’s have minds that are loyal, faithful, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable, reliable, steady, true, constant, staunch, trusty, firm, determined, resolute, stalwart, stout, relentless, implacable, single-minded, unchanging, unwavering, unhesitating, unfaltering, unswerving, unyielding, unflinching, inflexible, and uncompromising. Let’s be the dads who rejoice in the Lord always! Let’s be dads who let our gentleness be evident to all. Let’s be the dads who draw near to God because we know He will similarly draw near to us. Let’s be the dads who pray rather than worry. Let’s be dads who lean in on prayer rather than being tossed around by worry. Let’s be the dads who petition God when we are faced with something rather than allowing fear and worry to rob us of our peace and joy. Let’s be the dads who thank God for who He is and what He has, is, and will do rather than focusing on the lies or tricks of the enemy who wants us to focus on things we don’t have or could have and start to covet or worry about them. Let’s be the dads who present our asks to God. Let’s be the dads whose hearts and minds are protected and guarded in Christ so that we are able to walk in the peace of God that transcends all understanding. Let’s be the dads whose faith outranks and outperforms and overpowers our fears because God is with us. Let’s be the dads whose faith outranks and outperforms and overpowers our fears because we know who God is. Let’s be the dads whose faith outranks and outperforms and overpowers our fears because is giving us the strength and help we need. Let’s be the dads whose faith outranks and outperforms and overpowers our fears because God’s right hand is upholding us. Let’s be the dad who is able to share this and pass it along to the next generation and the world around us.
Today’s devotional has been provided by UNCOMMEN (more details can be found https://www.uncommen.org/).
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
- Today’s devotional kicks off with an incredible prayer connected to today’s verses:
- “Today’s Prayer “Thank you, Heavenly Father, that you have not given our child a spirit of fear. We pray our children walk in power, love and sound minds.””
- Ever noticed when fears arise in you?
- Ever noticed when fears tend to arise for your kids?
- Ever seen them show up at bedtime?
- Ever taken the time to stop and listen to what has happened during their days?
- Ever gotten to hear some pretty dark things that took place?
- Ever gotten to hear some pretty difficult things that took pleace?
- Ever noticed how in the midst of the darkness and the stillness of the night, a door seem to open?
- When you pray, how do you incorporate God’s Word into your prayers about the situation?
- When you pray, are you able to incorporate God’s Word into your prayers so that it isn’t just you saying but God’s promises and God’s Word speaking over the situation?
- Let’s be the dads who incorporate God’s Word into our prayer to be able to take on the fears, the worries, the doubts that come against our kids in order to confront those fears, doubts, and worries.
- Let’s be the dads who pray God’s Word in order that our kids can walk in power!
- Let’s be the dads who pray God’s Word in order to teach our kids that they have this power over their fears!
- Let’s be the dads who pray God’s Word in order to teach our kids that they have this power over their thoughts!
- Let’s be the dads who pray God’s Word in order to give them the gift and lesson that will give them strength and peace!
- Let’s be the dads who pray God’s Word in order to empower our kids to claim this power in Jesus’s name through the Holy Spirit!
- Let’s be the dads who pray God’s Word for and over our kids who aren’t able to understand it yet so that they can hear, learn, and one day understand the power God has and is giving them!
- Let’s be the dads who pray God’s Word and share the truth and importance of sound mind.
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (KJV 2 Timothy 1:7)
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (NIV 2 Timothy 1:7)
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. (NLT 2 Timothy 1:7)
- That precious memory triggers another: your honest faith—and what a rich faith it is, handed down from your grandmother Lois to your mother Eunice, and now to you! And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed—keep that ablaze! God doesn’t want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible. (MSG 2 Timothy 1:5-7)
- Let’s be the dads to don’t get trapped or pulled into this world’s culture of fear.
- Let’s be the dads who can help our kids, our wives, and others who are constantly living in fear by helping them get the right help and treatment so it can be dealt with appropriately.
- Let’s be the dads who pray today’s prayer to help fight this battle we are facing.
- Let’s be the dads who pray for our kids to be given a sound mind to stand against the attack from the evil one.
- Let’s be the dads who pray for our kids to be given a sound mind to make the right decisions to move forward in spite of their fear.
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of and share the reality that God tells us over 365 times in the Bible “Fear Not”
- Check out this List Of 365 Fear Not Bible Verses – Home | Believers Portal — so you never forget
- Follow 365 Fear Nots (@365fearnots) / Twitter — and receive daily reminders
- Fearful To Fearless Book (365fearnots.com) — consider getting your own resource/copy so you have it to remember