It’s incredible getting to go through these devotions for dads. It’s even more incredible getting to reach out to the authors and connect with them. Today when I did my search for “dad” in the Bible.com plans, the next one on the list was from UNCOMMEN and titled – STRANGE – WORDS – A Dad’s Prayer For His Children. This one’s description aligns very strongly to our theme of Be The Dads. Here is a snippet that describes this devotional from Bible.com:
Now more than ever, the world is in need of strong fathers who love their families well. God provides the strength to those who seek Him and call upon His name. Being a father is a sacred responsibility because we reflect God’s love to our children. Men are called to lead and serve their families, and a very tangible way to do that is to pray over your children. God does amazing things in our lives when we ask for His help. But sometimes finding the words to pray over your kids can be challenging. This study includes seven things from Scripture that you can pray over your kids for each day of the week. Join us as we provide guidance and daily encouragement for great prayers based on Scripture over the next seven days.Bible.com – UNCOMMEN
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.Revelation 1:17 NIV
Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.Proverbs 19:20-21 NIV
As we head into 2022, with the word THRIVE being my word for the year and with the kick-off of the Be The Dads devotional series, I am looking forward in anticipation of what God is going to do. I am looking forward to seeing the plans God has for me and the Be The Dads direction and opportunities. I am clinging to the Word of God that speaks to my future even found in today’s verses. God knows His plan for me and for Be The Dads. God’s plan is to prosper and not harm. God’s plan will bring hope and a future. I can trust God’s plans because He is outside of my time limitations, He is the first and the last and never changes. So I make time to spend with God in prayer and listening to Him through His Word and the Holy Spirit. I listen to get advance for this day. I accept discipline to help me stay or get back on track depending on the day. I seek God’s wisdom and discernment through each day. I desire that my plans be His plans because when we seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, He takes care of the rest. I see to THRIVE for His glory and according to His purpose. So today let’s choose to be and become the dads that God created us to be for our kids, our wives, and our world.
Today’s devotional has been provided by UNCOMMEN (more details can be found https://www.uncommen.org/).
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
- Today’s devotional kicks off with an incredible prayer connected to today’s verses:
- “Today’s Prayer “God I pray for my child’s future. Help them to discover the gifts you have blessed them with. I pray for the future friends. I pray for the future spouse. I pray that they would follow you now and into eternity.” “
- I recently had to pray a prayer of trust and release for my oldest daughter as she went off to boot camp. It was a prayer similar to the prayer Moses’ mom prayed as she let him go into the Nile. It was a prayer of blessings and protection from God. It was a prayer for her future. 2022 will come with one more such change when my younger daugter will head off to college in the fall after her senior year this spring.
- We all know what a crazy world it is out there and nothing is guaranteed.
- We all know that by being the dad God created us to be, we have the opportunity to raise them up in the way they should go and then give them into God’s hands and pray that they will not depart from them.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray for the future of our children.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will make a way for them.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will guide our children through their lives.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and help our kids learn new skills and abilities.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and help our kids be able to discover gifts that God has uniquely designed into them.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will help them through their daily lives.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will provide them with quality friends.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will ensure the good friends stay and the questionable ones be removed from their lives.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will bring them a godly and faithfilled spouse.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will raise them up to be godly partners.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray that He will raise them up to follow Himself.
- Let’s be the dads who have the faith that God is in control and pray for our kids future, entrusting them in faith to their Heavenly Father.
- Today’s devotional finishes with a challenge:
- “UNCOMMEN Challenge: What are some other ways you can pray for your child’s future? “